You want know to who is behind this site? Well, let me see if I can
satisfy your curiosity.
Name: Sandra Campbell
AKA: MysticGirl, Mystic, Mysti, or recently - Keilora (kinda phasing out the old MG name in new places - way generic)
Birthday: August 25
Homestead: Bronx, NY (I have lived other places in NY, but I'm a Boogie Down girl at heart)
Nocturnal Moves: I seem to only sleep in shifts of three hours or so. Then, I'm up for a few until I get tired again. It's hard to deal with when I want to go to sleep so I can get up and go to work. Though, when I know that I don't have to go to work the next day, I will stay up all night long, and then I can sleep like a brick for hours.
Females: No, I don't draw only females, I just seem to find it infinitely easier. I have begun to draw men, and look forward to doing more of them in the future. Then, once I get more accustomed to it, I'll draw men and women together. Not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter!! :P
Drawing: Self taught mostly. I took an art class my senior year of college. But, it was a basic - every thing you might ever do in any art class you might ever take kind of course. We never spent enough time on one thing to get good at anything. Plus, I was so busy running around trying to do what I needed to graduate that I didn't get everything I should have or could have out of the
classs. I started drawing my own art - seriously in about February of 2001. Before that, I was strictly a manic doodler. I have some fantastic patterns I drew during all of those boring lectures in college. Someone even used one to make a tattoo out of it.
Mediums: I use mainly the H and B series of pencils right now. I want to delve into the wonderful world of colorerase pencils. I'll get some when I get a chance. Nothing permanent yet, I don't feel comfortable enough. Just the thought of screwing up something that I have spent hours working on scares me. I am hoping to get the hang of using my wacom drawing tablet really soon I'm just not that good when it comes to digitally coloring my drawings. I am currently using Paint Shop Pro 9 for the computer graphical/coloring stuff.
HTML: Also self taught. I began making web pages in the summer of 1999. I used a tutorial or two to get me started, and have been making it up as I go ever since. I picked up many tips and tricks along the way. When I started, I would use the file managers that came with the free accounts I was using. *shudder* Now, I code all of my pages 'by hand' in Crimson Editor and upload them to my server via ftp.
Inspiration: I am inspired by everything I see. I can't watch tv or go anywhere without wondering how I would draw the people. I also get inspiration from seeing the great artwork around the net. If you want to know which artists I am inspired by, check my links section.
Commissions: I would be glad to do something for you if you asked nicely. Talk to me! Just know that I won't do it for free...I'm not expensive, but commissions can be taxing. If you want to do an art exchange with me, that's a horse of a different color. =p
1) My copyright information and URL (© Sandra Campbell, and mystikaal.com, link if possible) must be visible and readable on the images used and credit for my work must be on your site and my images.
Whether you are making tags, stationery or tubes, please imbed the copyright information in the graphic. Please also make it clear to people using your images they must also display credit to me as the artist.
2) You may alter the image, but do not alter the line work of the characters themselves, do not distort the image or alter to such extent it may be deemed graphically explicit/ pornographic, politiclly inappropriate, or else defames the original creator. Tubes, resizing, simple animations and adding little sparkles/glitter, etc. is fine with me.
3) I retain all rights to my work and use of them is a courtesy I am extending to you. Reproduction of my art for print or placement on products for sale is not permitted.
4) No direct linking to my images!! Please right click, save to your hard drive and upload them to your own server. Don't be a bandwidth thief!
5) If you come across someone using my art in a way that violates the above rules, please refer them to this page.
- Please let me know when you put something up so I can see it. Good luck with your work, and clubs, groups and sites if you have them, and should you have any questions just drop me a line. Have fun with it, and thanks for the intrest in my art
Not enough for you? You need to go out and do something with yourself. Just kidding!
Why don't you ask me if you want to know more?
Use the menu bar on the left to navigate your way through my site.
If you would like to use any of my pieces or commission
your own art work, please email me.